This activity is supported by an educational grant from Janssen Biotech, Inc., administered by Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, and Gilead Sciences, Inc.
The cancer treatment pipeline has continually expanded over the past decade resulting in record breaking numbers of approvals in the United States. With more than 1,300 agents currently in development, the oncology pipeline shows no signs of slowing down. New gene and cell therapies, precision medicine, immuno-oncology combination therapies, and accelerating development timelines have been identified as disruptive trends toward addressing unmet needs and improving patient outcomes.
Faculty of this pipeline session will cover key agents newly approved or currently in late-stage development with a focus on novel mechanisms of action, cell and gene therapies, and personalized, mutation-driven treatments. The potential impact to current standards of care and what this may mean for payers will be discussed.
- Identify recently approved and upcoming approvals of high-impact oncology specialty drugs for solid and hematologic malignancies.
- Differentiate the mechanisms of action, indications, safety, and efficacy of newly approved and emerging oncology specialty medications.
- Explain trends in key areas for growth in the oncology pipeline.
- Discuss the impact of new and emerging approvals of oncology specialty medications on current standard of care, cost considerations, contracting, benefit formularies, and other managed care processes and stakeholders.
Kaelyn C. Boss, PharmD
Clinical Consultant Pharmacist
Commonwealth Medicine University of Massachusetts Medical School - Shrewsbury, MA
Bhavesh H. Shah, RPh, BCOP
Chief Pharmacy Officer Hematology/Oncology and Specialty Pharmacy
Boston Medical Center Health System
Jim R. Hopsicker, MBA
Vice President, Pharmacy
MVP Health Care
The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
ACPE UAN:0233-0000-22-049-H01-P • Activity Type: Knowledge-Based
Contact Hours: 1.25
Release Date: October 14, 2022 • Expiration Date: December 31, 2023
Activity Fee: Free for Members and Non-Members
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at Nexus 2022. CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements:
System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities, you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating websites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for continuing education online learning activities
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-22-049-H01-P||1.25 Contact Hours||October 14, 2022 - December 31, 2023|