This activity is supported by an independent medical education grant from Coherus BioSciences, Inc.
In 2021, there was an estimated 1.9 million new cases of cancer diagnosed, and about 608,570 people who died from the disease. Patient expenditures, both in time and out-of-pocket costs, exceed $20 billion annually adding to the complexity of cancer treatment. Biosimilars are considered an opportunity to reduce the financial burden of cancer treatment and contribute to improved outcomes for patients.
This session will include an overview of the new and emerging oncology biosimilar products, with a focus on utilization trends, substitution considerations, and the managed care and patient advocacy perspectives. This will allow managed care professionals to align current and future formulary decisions with the evolving treatment landscape and patients’ needs.
- Differentiate new and emerging oncology biosimilars based on clinical data, manufacturer launch, and indications for use.
- Evaluate oncology biosimilar outcomes data from clinical trials and real-world evidence to guide optimal substitution in an expanding market.
- Discuss strategies and ongoing gaps in utilization of oncology biosimilars from the patient advocate perspective.
Timothy Mok, PharmD, BCPS, BCOP
Hematology Oncology Pharmacy Research Analyst
Therese Mulvey, MD
Director Quality Safety and Value
Kenneth Garcia, PharmD
The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
ACPE UAN:0233-0000-22-045-H01-P • Activity Type: Knowledge-Based
Contact Hours: 1.25
Release Date: October 13, 2022 • Expiration Date: December 31, 2023
Activity Fee: Free for Members and Non-Members
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at Nexus 2022. CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements:
System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities, you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating websites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for continuing education online learning activities
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-22-045-H01-P||1.25 Contact Hours||October 13, 2022 - December 31, 2023|