Is it possible for two of the largest prescription drug programs in the United States to coexist? Both Medicaid and the 340B program have grown significantly since the passage of the Affordable Care Act in 2010. As both programs have grown, so have the challenges occurring at the intersection of the two programs.
This session will provide background on the 340B program and its expansion, explore the landscape of the Medicaid and 340B intersection, and explore potential strategies and solutions for Medicaid programs and other 340B stakeholders to help them navigate the intersection and achieve policy objectives.
- Explain the role and historical context of the 340B program.
- Identify the operational, financial, and political considerations of the 340B program from the perspective of a State Medicaid Agency.
- Describe potential options for a Medicaid 340B strategy that will achieve the state’s policy objectives.
Sara Drake, RPh, MPH, MBA
Mercer Government Human Services Consulting
Prabashni Reddy, PharmD, MMedSc
Center For Drug Policy
The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
ACPE UAN:0233-0000-22-017-H01-P • Activity Type: Knowledge-Based
Contact Hours: 1.25
Release Date: March 31, 2022 • Expiration Date: December 31, 2023
Activity Fee: $15 for Members and $30 for Non-Members
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at AMCP 2022. CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements:
System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities, you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating websites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for continuing education online learning activities.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-22-017-H01-P||1.25 Contact Hours||March 31, 2022 - December 31, 2023|