This program was supported by an independent educational grant from Vifor Pharma.
Innovation with nanomedicines has been accelerating and these nonbiological complex drugs are becoming increasingly available. These medicines, using nanomaterials and nanotechnology, can bring advantages in drug delivery such as improved solubility and pharmacokinetics, enhanced efficacy, reduced toxicity, and increased tissue selectivity. With more than 50 FDA-approved nanomedicines available on the U.S. market and more in clinical trials, formulary considerations involve interchangeability or substitutability and the inherently complex nature of these drugs.
Faculty will provide an overview of nanomedicines including the complexity of formulary considerations for nanomedicines and nanosimilars, and updates on emerging nanotechnologies to be used in pharmaceutical products.
- Define nanomedicines and their current role in the management of diseases.
- Recognize the distinguishing characteristics of nanomedicine products based on formulation, benefits, and challenges.
- Describe the evaluation criteria for nanomedicines and nanosimilars to support informed formulary decision-making.
- Identify at least three emerging nanomedicines in the pharmaceutical pipeline
John Hertig, PharmD, MS, CPPS, FASHP
Brenda Nelson, PharmD, BCPS
Principal Clinical Program Pharmacist
Prime Therapeutics, LLC
Matthew Feltman, RPh
Vice President, Clinical Services
The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
ACPE UAN:0233-0000-22-005-H04-P • Activity Type: Knowledge-Based
Contact Hours: 1.25
Release Date: March 30, 2022 • Expiration Date: December 31, 2023
Activity Fee: Free for Members and Non-Members
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at AMCP 2022. CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements:
System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities, you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating websites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for continuing education online learning activities.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-22-005-H04-P||1.25 Contact Hours||March 30, 2022 - December 31, 2023|