Racial and socioeconomic disparities in medication use have been associated with the failure to achieve therapeutic goals, increased rates of hospitalization, and increased mortality for multiple disease states, including peripheral artery disease (PAD). Lack of insurance coverage and being a person of color are associated with decreased access to care, delayed presentation with more advanced PAD, and worse outcomes, including decreased rates of revascularization and increased rates of amputation.
During this webinar, experts will review current PAD screening and treatment guidelines, explore evidence regarding racial disparities for PAD, and discuss strategies that managed care professionals can utilize for improving PAD outcomes across populations.
At the completion of this knowledge-based activity, participants should be able to:
1. Describe the risk factors which contribute to differences in prevalence of PAD across populations.
2. Discuss the barriers to care for patient populations who may be more vulnerable to PAD and its complications.
3. Identify evidence-based approaches to screening, risk assessment, and preventing complications from PAD.
4. Identify evidence-based treatment options for different at-risk populations of patients with PAD.
John Begert, PharmD, BCACP
Pacific University School of Pharmacy
Ruby Singh, PharmD, BCPS
Vice President, Education & Training
Schedule of Educational Activity:
This activity consists of an audio recording, pre-test assessment questions (not required to pass or continue), post-test questions (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher), and a specific activity evaluation.
The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
ACPE UAN: 0233-0000-21-034-H01-P • Activity Type: Knowledge-Based
Contact Hours: 1.0
Release Date: September 14, 2021 • Expiration Date: December 31, 2022
Activity Fee: Free for Members and Non-Members
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at AMCP 2021 Virtual.CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements:
System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities, you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating websites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for continuing education online learning activities.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-21-034-H01-P||1 Contact Hour||September 14, 2021 - December 31, 2022|