The specialty pharmaceutical market continues to grow at an outstanding rate offering new treatment options and the promise of improved outcomes. But at what cost? How will these specialty medications affect the health care landscape and managed care pharmacy?
This pipeline session will take a deep dive into a select number of potential high cost, high uptake specialty drugs in 2021 and explore their place in therapy. The faculty will demonstrate a forecast of per member per month spend and estimated uptake of drugs seeking approval.
- Identify a select number of potential high cost, high uptake pipeline specialty medications likely to be approved in the next 12 months.
- Discuss the place in therapy of new and emerging specialty medications.
- Describe the likely effect of new specialty medications through forecasting the estimated PMPM spend and uptake.
Schedule of Educational Activity:
This activity consists of an audio recording, pre-test assessment questions (not required to pass or continue), post-test questions (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher) and a specific activity evaluation.
The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
ACPE UAN:0233-0000-21-022-H04-P • Activity Type: Knowledge-Based
Contact Hours: 1
Release Date: May 5, 2021 • Expiration Date: December 31, 2022
Activity Fee: $15 for members and $30 for non-members
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at AMCP 2021 Virtual.CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements:
System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities, you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating websites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for continuing education online learning activities.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-21-022-H04-P||1 Contact Hour||April 16, 2021 - December 31, 2022|