Now, there are new measures available or in development that leverage MTM encounter data documented using standard vocabulary to promote interoperability and to shift toward outcome-based measurements. One measure evaluates medication therapy problem resolution using a standardized consensus-based framework. Two additional measures in testing evaluate adult immunization screening and gap closure through MTM interventions. In addition, CMS is piloting three new monitoring measures within the Enhanced MTM program to evaluate the provision of MTM within participating Part D sponsor programs. This session will provide an update on advances in these new and developing outcome-based MTM measures.
- Describe current and future Medication Therapy Management (MTM) quality measures.
- Explain the importance of standardized documentation for outcome-based MTM and Enhanced MTM quality measures.
- Summarize the current documentation and reporting landscape for Medicare Part D MTM programs.
- Discuss the Enhanced MTM model’s potential impact on outcome-based MTM measure development.
Schedule of Educational Activity:
This activity consists of an audio recording, pre-test assessment questions (not required to pass or continue), post-test questions (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher) and a specific activity evaluation.
The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
ACPE UAN:0233-0000-21-005-H04-P • Activity Type: Knowledge-Based
Contact Hours: 1
Release Date: May 26, 2021 • Expiration Date: December 31, 2022
Activity Fee: $15 for Members and $30 for Non-Members
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at AMCP 2021 Virtual.CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements:
System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities, you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating websites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for continuing education online learning activities.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-21-005-H04-P||1 Contact Hour||April 13, 2021 - December 31, 2022|