During this session, participants will learn strategies used by payers to promote oncology biosimilar use and address potential barriers to use. In addition, this session will provide potential cost savings implications for different stakeholders.
- Describe emerging patterns of utilization for oncology biosimilars.
- Identify at least two payer strategies to increase utilization of oncology biosimilars.
- Describe the potential cost savings associated with oncology biosimilars for various stakeholders, including payers, providers, and patients.
- Summarize financial savings realized by health plans who adopted an early pro-biosimilar strategy towards oncology biosimilars
Jim Rebello, PharmD
Magellan Rx Management
Salt Lake City, UT
Schedule of Educational Activity:
This activity consists of an audio recording, pre-test assessment questions (not required to pass or continue), post-test questions (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher) and a specific activity evaluation.
The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
ACPE UAN:0233-0000-21-020-H01-P • Activity Type: Knowledge-Based
Contact Hours: 1
Release Date: May 5, 2021 • Expiration Date: April 16, 2022
Activity Fee: Free for Members and Non-Members
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at AMCP 2021 Virtual.CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
Supported by an independent medical education grant from Sandoz Inc., a Novartis Division and Pfizer Inc.
As an accredited provider, AMCP strictly adheres to the ACPE Standards for Commercial Support and other relevant guidelines and standards to ensure the independence of continuing pharmacy education (CPE) activities. It is AMCP’s intent that all CPE activities be independent, objective, balanced, evidence-based and free of any commercial bias.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements:
System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities, you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating websites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for continuing education online learning activities.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-21-020-H04-P||1 Contact Hour||April 16, 2021 - April 16, 2024|