ACPE UAN #: 0233-0000-20-044-H04-P
Release Date: October 21, 2020
Expiration Date: October 21, 2023
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Contact Hours: 1
Activity Fee: Member: $15 Non-Member: $30
Target Audience: Pharmacists who practice in managed care settings.
The growth of specialty pharmacy has resulted in an increase of white bagging and brown- bagging. Despite offering some benefits to pharmacists, patients, prescribers, and payers, there are emerging issues within these models that must be considered. This panel discussion will evaluate these emerging trends, including the developing legislative and Board of Pharmacy trends likely to impact pharmacy patient-centered care and apply the different models to theoretical case studies.
At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Review the risks and benefits inherent in the alternative distribution models known as “brown-bagging,” “white bagging,” and “clear-bagging.”
- Summarize emerging legislative, regulatory, and Board of Pharmacy trends regarding “brown-bagging” and “white bagging”.
- Explain the impact of the various practice permeations of alternative distribution models.
- Identify and critically analyze the challenges and opportunities presented by alternative distribution models from the pharmacist, prescriber, patient, and payer perspective.
Schedule of Educational Activity:
This activity consists of an audio recording, pre-test assessment questions (not required to pass to continue), post-test questions (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher), and a specific activity evaluation.
The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education
As an accredited provider, AMCP strictly adheres to the ACPE Standards for Commercial Support and other relevant guidelines and standards to ensure the independence of continuing pharmacy education (CPE) activities. AMCP intends that all CPE activities be independent, objective, balanced, evidence-based, and free of any commercial bias.
Participants should claim CPE credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at AMCP Nexus 2020 Virtual.
CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP) e-Profile account.
To receive credit for a home study activity you must:
- Review the full content of the home study activity.
- Complete the post-test and achieve a score of 70% or higher.
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements:
Courses and continuing education activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities, you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating websites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for all continuing education activities.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-20-044-H04-P||1 Contact Hour||October 21, 2020 - October 21, 2023|