ACPE UAN #: 0233-9999-17-057-H04-P
Release Date: October 18, 2017
Expiration Date: October 18, 2020
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Contact Hours: 1.5
Activity Fee: Member: Free Non-Member: $30 (This home study also sold as part of the "Best of AMCP Nexus 2017" one-time subscription set)
Target Audience: Pharmacists who practice in managed care settings.
The live session was presented jointly by AMCP and PRIME Education, LLC and accredited for pharmacists, physicians, and nurses. However, this home study is only accredited for pharmacists.
The opioid epidemic in the United States continues to worsen. Roughly 91 Americans die each day from an opioid overdose. Not only are lives lost to this epidemic, but the cost associated with abuse, treatment,
This panel-based session will feature approaches to opioid abuse conducted by teams of managed care pharmacy professionals, and what results their programs have seen so far. The session will also include a technology partner who will share the role of data and analytics
At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
1. Explain the benefits and challenges of at least two strategies used by the managed care pharmacy team in addressing
2. Describe programs conducted by teams of managed care pharmacy professionals that have seen significant success in addressing opioid abuse and diversion, and describe communication strategies among the team.
3. Discuss how data and analytics can be used within the managed care pharmacy setting to address opioid abuse and diversion.
Schedule of Educational Activity
This activity consists of an audio recording, pre-test assessment questions (not required to pass or continue), post-test questions (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher) and a specific activity evaluation.
The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
As an accredited provider, AMCP strictly adheres to the ACPE Standards for Commercial Support and other relevant guidelines and standards to ensure the independence of continuing pharmacy education (CPE) activities. It is AMCP’s intent that all CPE activities be independent, objective, balanced, evidence-based and free of any commercial bias.
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at AMCP Nexus 2017.
CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements: System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities, you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-9999-17-057-H04-P||1.5 Contact Hours||October 18, 2017 - October 18, 2020|